Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Moving in with the In-Laws

So we have decided to move in with my in-laws instead. Let me tell you how we decided on this.
We went over to my mom`s house on Saturday to help her clear out some stuff in her basement to we could actually walk in the rooms down there! We get there and i look at everything and do not want to move it! I am completely overwhelmed by how much stuff is down there! So Mike gets the room cleared out that he and I would be sleeping in. We wanted to paint it since it is a terrible shade of green. Both of my parents act a little weird about this and are suprised that we wanted to paint down there and actually make it more of a home for us. So I am sitting down there and looking around at all the stuff we have to do and not wanting to do any of it. I think part of it was that it made it real that i actually have to leave my home and move back in with my parents. So we actually make some pretty good progress on the whole thing and we can actually walk in the room we are going to put Embree in. We decide to be done for the day and go to dinner with my sister and her husband. later that night we are all sitting around talking and i ask my mom if we can paint another wall down there that would be where we have our TV and couch. Well i really think that was the straw that broke the camels back. Needless to say i went home in tears because i am stressed out enough right now with everthing that is going on that i don`t need to add another project to the list of packing my moms basement and storing it when i have my own house to pack and find a storage unit for.
So anyway we had origianally planned on moving in with Mike`s parents, but for some reason decided against it. I think it was cause i would be the one that would be home all the time and it would just be easier to do that at my Mom`s where i felt comfortable, but now that Mike is home more often it will be better. We also were told that we were more than welcome which is what i really needed to hear because i do not want my little family to be a burden on anyone! Plus we wouldn`t have to move as much stuff out of their basement and it is set up down there for someone to live in since two of his sisters have already lived there with their spouses. We also would not be on top of anyone down there and would have a little bit more privacy and when i say a little bit more i mean like no privacy, but we are both willing to deal with that if it means getting back on our feet! Really its not going to be an ideal situation for anyone!
So i think that living with his parents has taken a load of my back because it won`t be so much work!! I really am sad to leave my house, but i know that we will have fun and be in a better situation in a few months than we are right now. I feel like we are going backwards and we are poor newlyweds agian, but this time with a baby! It defeniatly will be a journey but i wouldn`t want to take it with anyone else but my sweet husband! It will defeniatly be hard on our marriage, but we only have each other! Plus we are kind of stuck with each other for eternity :)

1 comment:

Rolled Up Pretty said...

You haven't posted forever girl, get on it! Ha ha, okay so my sister Rache and I just started a Style/Decorate/Whatever Blog together and we would love to get a lot of followers! If you want to follow, you can go to the link: http://rolledupprettyandcutoffthoughts.blogspot.com/ and scroll down a bit, on the right hand side click the white "follow" tab I would love you forever. That would be so cool if we could get it well known.... it's just a little dream of mine ;) We want to open up a store one day, and maybe this would be good start?! Maybe you could add our link to your list too? If not, totally fine, we need to get together with everyone again soon!
Savannah